The VeriSM Foundation course is accredited by EXIN and created by Dr. Suzanne Van Hove a key contributor to the VeriSM Approach and author of the VeriSM publications. If you are ready to learn about VeriSM, you picked the right person to learn with. Suzanne is passionate about the approach and its ability to supercharge your organization. Suzanne is hands-on with her students and always there to answer your quesions.
What is VeriSM™ and Why Is It Important?
VeriSM, a new and exciting approach to Service Management developed by the International Foundation for Digital Competences (IFDC), enables organizations to meet and exceed customer requirements and compete successfully in the digital age.
Key Course Features:
- Get VeriSM Foundation qualified online at your own pace
- 1 year online access to the course and all materials
- Fully Accredited by EXIN
- Course comes with instructor-led video lectures, exercises and all sample exams
- Full Access to the instructor – Dr. Suzanne Van Hove – to ask questions
What makes VeriSM different?
Current practices associated with Service Management are really IT Service Management – meaning the IT department has the role of service provider. In VeriSM, the entire organization is the service provider and all the various departments within the organization are its capabilities. Each capability has a role in the delivery of service to the consumer. VeriSM is based on enterprise governance and its associated principles. Defining these provides the necessary guardrails for the capabilities in how they react to their organizational portfolio (the various products and services) and consumers.
Introducing the Management Mesh
The Management Mesh is the core to the VeriSM Approach. It allows organizations to map their resources, environment, management methods and emerging technologies to allow them to make the best decisions in how to address consumer requirements. These four-parts take into account organizational governance and principles as it assesses the organizations capabilities and requirements. It is the critical point of VeriSM. It is what makes VeriSM different. VeriSM is not a competitor to ITIL, Agile, DevOps, COIT or any of the ISO Standards. The mesh is what enables the organization to determine which of those frameworks, methods and governance approaches need to be used. The Management Mesh is what enables organizations to take an organizational wide approach on delivering “services” to the consumer. VeriSM is about changing the mindset of the organization to understand that the entire organization is the service provider.
VeriSM Embraces and Enhances “Digital”
Digital transformation and digital disruption are key elements in today’s service industry. Digital transformation addresses the organizations who apply digital technologies to current working practices, products or services allowing them to enter into new markets and deliver those products and services faster. Digital disruption is where digital technologies have been applied to radically change an industry – think about taxis and Uber, hotels and Airbnb and others. In either case, Service Management needs to embrace, support and incorporate these transformative practices in their management system. VeriSM defines that path.
Who is VeriSM Designed For?
VeriSM training and certification is designed for the service management organization – every department, every team, everyone. Everyone has an input to the products and services of an organization. This training is especially useful to those who will be involved in the digital transformation efforts but again, all professionals and organizations involved in delivering value to customers through the development, delivery, operation and/or promotion of services will benefit.
How VeriSM Certification Will Benefit You and Your Organization
As VeriSM applies across the entire organization, the Foundation course provides the fundamentals of Service Management as well as the key concepts around digitizing Service Management. The main benefit then is the unification of concepts across the entire organization where service delivery is a shared activity among the organizational capabilities. Other benefits of VeriSM include:
- Integration of management methods (DevOps, Agile, Lean, SIAM, ITIL, COBIT…)
- A responsive model that aligns with current business goals/objectives
- Enables the use of emerging technologies
- Transforms the organizational culture
- Knowledge on how to integrate new service management practices
- Preparation for digital transformation efforts
- Enhancing service management skills and competencies
Who should get VeriSM Certified?
VeriSM Foundation Certification is essential to anyone who works with products or services, especially:
- Everyone within a service provider
- Managers across the organization – learn how to leverage the evolving management practices
- Service Owners and service manager – maintaining a current skill set and understanding of the changes in service management
- Executives – as accountable parties for the functionality of the organization, understand where their influence is necessary and required
- IT Professionals – understand the impact of evolving management practices and how to leverage emerging technologies to service design
- Undergraduates and graduate students to enhance their skill set and upgrade their employability
In This Course You Will Learn:
- Define the elements of enterprise governance and their importance in directing organizational activities
- Define a service culture
- Apply concepts of leading and managing people and organizations (e.g., teams, defining a professional, managing consumers, communication elements, organizational change…)
- Understand and apply the VeriSM Model
- Define the progressive management methods (e.g., Agile, Lean, DevOps…) and apply appropriately based on requirements
- Explain the impact of technology to service management and overall service delivery
- Take the VeriSM Foundation Exam
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation course and exam, however, it is highly recommended that candidates take an Accredited VeriSM Foundation Course prior to taking the VeriSM Foundation Exam. This course is Accredited by EXIN and taught by Dr. Suzanne Van Hove. Dr. Van Hove is a service management expert with over 20 years’ experience and is one of the three contributing authors of the VeriSM Management Approach.
VeriSM Certification is designed for:
- Service Owners
- Service Managers
- IT Professionals
- Customer Service Representatives
- Finance, Sales and Marketing Personnel
- Every Member of a Service Organization